One function of the lately printed NHS Lengthy Time period Plan was eight digital milestones NHS England has set.
This included each affected person in England having the ability to entry a digital first major care provide by 2023/24 and for there to be a CCIO or CIO on the board of each native NHS organisation by 2021/22.
However what number of of those milestones can be achieved on time? We’re asking Digital Well being Information readers to vote in our ballot.
You’ve till 11am on 17 January to forged your vote, with outcomes printed shortly afterwards.
The total listing of milestones are:
- Throughout 2019 we’ll introduce controls to make sure new techniques bought by the NHS adjust to agreed requirements, together with these set out in The Future of Healthcare [the preliminary policy paper published last October, which set out Matt Hancock’s digital vision for the NHS].
- By 2020, 5 geographies will ship a longitudinal well being and care document platform linking NHS and native authority organisations, three extra areas will comply with in 2021.
- In 2020/21, folks may have entry to their care plan and communications from their care professionals by way of the NHS App; the care plan will transfer to the person’s LHCR [Local Health Care Record] throughout the nation over the subsequent 5 years.
- By summer season 2021, we may have 100% compliance with mandated cyber safety requirements throughout all NHS organisations within the well being and care system.
- In 2021/22, we may have techniques that help inhabitants well being administration in each Built-in Care System throughout England, with a Chief Scientific Info Officer or Chief Info Officer on the board of each native NHS organisation.
- By 2022/23, the Youngster Safety Info system can be prolonged to cowl all healthcare settings, together with common practices.
- By 2023/24 each affected person in England will have the ability to entry a digital first major care provide.
- By 2024, secondary care suppliers in England, together with acute, group and psychological well being care settings, can be absolutely digitised, together with medical and operational processes throughout all settings, areas and departments. Knowledge can be captured, saved and transmitted electronically, supported by strong IT infrastructure and cyber safety, and LHCRs [Local Health Care Records] will cowl the entire nation.